Visitor Centre Volunteer
Norfolk Wildlife Trust Ranworth Broad Ad expires in 2 weeks Fixed Term Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior Part Time
The Visitor Centre Volunteer will welcome visitors to our visitor centre, providing excellent visitor care. Helping with all visitor centre duties, including; sales, promoting membership and boat trips.
Type of work you will be involved with
- Providing an enthusiastic and warm welcome to all visitors as an ambassador of NWT, including answering the phone.
- Actively promoting and completing sales of NWT membership, to include gift aid and direct debit.
- Boat trip bookings & promotion.
- Engaging with visitors, promoting all NWT reserves throughout Norfolk and what can be seen on our reserves today, helping them make the most of their visit.
- Dealing with sales transactions including operating the till and credit card machine.
- Actively ensuring the visitor centre is clean and welcoming at all times.
- Checking deliveries, pricing, re-stocking displays, assisting with stock takes.
- Ideally you will work the occasional shift at our other Ranworth Visitor Centre at Malthouse Staithe
- Other duties as instructed by the Centre Coordinator
Additional Responsibilities can be added to the role if you are willing, including:
- Balancing and cashing up the till at the end of the day.
- Key holder – opening and closing the Visitor Centre (in the absence of the Centre Coordinator) this would also involve the lowering and raising of the drawbridge and operating the manual chain winch on the edge of the broad.
- Supervising Visitor Centre Volunteers working with you
Skills and abilities you will be using in your role
- Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming personality
- Customer service skills & confidence to actively sell NWT membership and goods
- Love of wildlife and wild places
- Numerate and able to keep accurate records and use the till (training will be provided)
- Reliable time keeper
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to multi-task at peak times
- Ability to communicate with members of the public of all ages
You will be based at
NWT Ranworth Broad, Broads Visitor Centre (the floating visitor centre) and Ranworth Visitor Centre, Malthouse Staithe
Times/days we would like you to be available
Flexible. The centres are open 7 days a week, 10am – 5pm April – September and weekends and school holidays only in October.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to cover Sundays, and volunteers whose free time is flexible and could fill in when required at relatively short notice.
Benefits to you
- Working in a fabulous and unique location close to wildlife and nature
- Opportunity to enhance and share knowledge about and passion for local wildlife
- Develop skills in customer service, retail and communication
- Become a valued member of a professional team
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
To apply, please download an application form from our website via the link provided.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!