Volunteer -Education Assistant
The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust Washington Wetland Centre Ad expires in 1 month Fixed Term Graduate, Mid Level, Senior Part Time
At WWT, we believe that the best way for people to understand and ‘connect’ with wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. You will be directly involved in shaping children’s unforgettable experiences through the warm welcome you give them, your interactions with them and the information that you provide. We need enthusiastic people to help deliver our education programmes to school groups and in doing so ensure that they feel part of something amazing.
Who will be responsible for you? Learning Manager
How much time will it take? Monday – Friday during term time.
What will you be doing?
- Helping out with school groups as appropriate.
- Leading selected guided learning sessions and meetings when required.
- Being friendly and approachable to visitors, especially children.
- Interacting with children in a sensitive and responsive manner.
- Being aware of procedures regarding child child protection.
Who are we looking for?
- You have experience in an educational setting.
- You are confident or experienced in delivering enquiry based learning to school groups.
- You are able to work in a team of staff and volunteers.
- You are able to communicate well to a diverse range of audiences.
- You are familiar with Washington centre – this would be an advantage during the initial stages.
How will you benefit?
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
Training opportunities will be provided.
We regret that we are not in a position to reimburse expenses for travel to the site.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!