WildCats Conservation Alliance Communications Specialist
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we inspire, inform and empower people in the UK and across the world to stop wild animals going extinct.
WildCats Conservation Alliance is a funding initiative between ZSL and Dreamworld Wildlife Foundation, based in Regent’s Park, London. It has mobilised close to £4 million funding over 20 years for wild tiger and Amur leopard conservation projects across Asia and the Russian Far East. More information can be found at (www.conservewildcats.org/).
Thanks to the generosity of our partners, this is a vacancy for a creative hands-on person to oversee multichannel communication for WildCats Conservation Alliance helping to create and drive fundraising and awareness campaigns for its programmes.This role is 4 days a week.
Typically tasks will include:
- Outreach to donors, zoos and the public to sustain and increase the level of funding for big cat conservation especially in the lead up to the Global Year of the Tiger 2022.
- Helping to create and drive on-line fundraising and awareness campaigns using donor engagement strategies.
- Planning a communications calendar and creating accurate and imaginative content to release at appropriate times,
- Creating powerful copy from project reports and newsfeeds to populate the WildCats website, newsletters and social media channels and to provide content for third parties.
- Responding appropriately to comments and messages in an effective manner and monitoring and analysing social media networks and website data.
- There will be the opportunity to input into a new communication strategy.
This is a fantastic position for an individual looking for employment in an international organisation. You will have exposure to a variety of departments and people who have a passion for animal conservation. If you have the imagination to not only problem-solve but to create new opportunities to support the Conservation and Policy department within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in written and oral communication;
- Experience in writing and editing imaginatively for different audiences;
- An understanding of fundraising and awareness campaigns;
- The ability to demonstrate good computer literacy, a good understanding of using web analytics and reporting software to monitor KPIs preferably with a knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO and the ability to maximise the range and power of social media;
- Prior experience of running and scheduling social media channels, including campaign planning and delivery;
- Previous experience in creating and managing content on the web ideally using WordPress;
- Outstanding administrative and organisation skills;
- A broad understanding of conservation activities and themes with some experience of zoo conservation or field programmes desirable;
- An understanding of the principals of donor engagement;
Please note: This is a part-time, one year fixed-term contract working four days a week. We are operating a work from home policy during the pandemic you may be required to attend the Regents Park office once the restrictions are lifted. ZSL accepts and welcomes all applications for this position however; this position would be ideal for a conservation graduate with proven experience in public engagement through online content.
What’s on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday (pro-rata), stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
How to Apply
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the “Apply for this job online” button. If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 28 February 2021.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Esther Conway via e-mail at: Esther.Conway@zsl.org.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
£25,407 p.a inclusive of London Weighting
Communication, Conservation, Marketing
Regents Park, remote working in the interim, United Kingdom
28th February 2021 at 11:59pm