Youth, Education and Communities Assistant
Groundwork BBOR Oldham, Greater Manchester Ad expires in 5 months Fixed Term Graduate Full Time
This placement will offer the opportunity to gain work experience across our Youth, Education and Communities teams. Through this placement you will have the opportunity to be involved in the delivery of a wide range of projects providing you with a broad range of skills. Our current portfolio of projects, include food growing, young ambassador and community development activities.
Line manager overview
Your line managers will be Gemma Harris and Suzanne Walton. Gemma and Suzanne have over 10 years experience of youth, education and community work and are passionate about making a difference to our local community. Gemma gained work at Groundwork following her successful VPA placement and is keen to share her knowledge of the programme with other graduates.
What will I gain?
- First-hand experience of working in local communities and support from an experienced and enthusiastic staff team.
- Knowledge of how to plan and deliver activities that have a positive impact on the local environment and the surrounding community.
- Confidence and experience in all aspects of project management – including project funding, planning, delivery, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation.
Who will I be working with?
- Direct line management from the Education and Communities team, with further support from the wider Trust including quality assurance, finance and bid preparation.
- Key partners including the local authority, community groups, schools, funders and graduates from other Groundwork programmes.
- The Project Co-ordinator for the VPA programme will help ensure that the placement meets your needs and will also deliver team tasks that involve the wider graduate team.
Requirements for the Placement
- Enthusiasm for working with all members of the local community.
- Friendly and able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to plan and prioritise your workload.
- Good timekeeping and attendance.
- IT literate.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding procedures
- Placement available from 6th February 2017
- 12 weeks in length (292 hours) with options to extend – flexible working hours within a requirement for 30 hrs most weeks.
- Placement will be based in Oldham with work also taking place in Rochdale.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!