Youth Work – Prince’s Trust Assistant
Groundwork BBOR Oldham, Greater Manchester Ad expires in 5 months Fixed Term Graduate Full Time
The Prince’s Trust Team programme is Groundwork’s flagship youth initiative. A placement here will provide experience of supporting 16-25 year olds, many of whom are facing issues such as low confidence, mental health problems, substance misuse, learning disabilities, low educational achievement, or youth offending backgrounds. Following a tried and tested 12 week programme of personal development, we give disadvantaged young people a huge range of experiences and opportunities to develop themselves, putting them back on the path to education, training and employment.
Line manager overview
Your immediate line manager will be one of our Prince’s Trust Team Leaders with further support from the Prince’s Trust Manager.
What will I gain?
- Experience of supporting disaffected and disadvantaged young people
- Full package of youth work including liaising with other professionals in youth/community organisations as well as the opportunity to directly support young people, enabling them to fulfil their own potential.
- Knowledge and experience of H&S, Safeguarding & working in line with policy/procedure
Who will I be working with?
- Experienced Prince’s Trust Team Leader
- Experienced Prince’s Trust Assistant Team Leader
Requirements for the Placement
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Enthusiasm, motivation, patience, empathy, determination
- Ability to lead by example and a desire to support young people in overcoming barriers to learning and barriers to employment.
- Placement available from 6th February 2017
- 12 weeks in length (292 hours) with options to extend – flexible working hours within a requirement for 30 hrs most weeks.
- Placement will be based in Oldham or Rochdale
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!