Ambition for Ageing Project Assistant
The Ambition for Ageing programme is a new and exciting research project aimed at creating age friendly places with strong community connections to empower people to live fulfilling lives as they age. This placement will provide you with experience of supporting people aged 50+ to co-research, co-design and co-deliver their own ideas for investments. Our investment budget is £195k so there is a huge potential for small investments which can make a big difference to reducing social isolation. The team are currently undertaking and developing a series of pop up activities to engage local residents and help recruit local volunteers.
What will I gain?
- Knowledge and experience of a high profile research project exploring how best to tackle social isolation and ageing
- Networking opportunities with specialists in the health and well-being sector.
- Confidence and skills to plan and deliver sessions in the local community.
- Involvement in a new test and learn approach to community work, working with local volunteers to create sustainable investment opportunities.
Who will I be working with?
- Direct line management from Julie, with further support from the wider Ambition for Ageing team and other Trust teams such as Quality Assurance and Finance.
- Key partners including the local authority, community groups, specialist agencies, funders and graduates from other Groundwork programmes.
- The Project Co-ordinator for the VPA programme will help ensure that the placement meets your needs and will also deliver team tasks that involve the wider graduate team.
Requirements for the Placement
- Enthusiasm for working with all members of the local community – passion for creating age friendly neighbourhoods.
- Friendly and able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to plan and prioritise your workload.
- Good timekeeping and attendance.
- IT literate.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding procedures.
- Placement available from NOW
- Approx 12 weeks in length – flexible working hours within a requirement for 3 days per week
- Placement will be based in Oldham with some travel to Bury
- All expenses covered & uniform etc. provided
How to Apply
Please contact Julie Bentley either by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on 0161 624 1444.
You can visit our website here.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Communication, Education, Marketing, Research
Oldham and Bury, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
31st December 2017 at 9:30am