Why do we need you?
At WWT we shape unforgettable experiences. Our Visitor Engagement team helps us to deliver our vital conservation work by generating income and interest through interpretation at the centre, and giving our visitors a unique and exciting day out!
Our founder, Sir Peter Scott, was an artist and used his art to engage and inspire people with wildlife and conservation. We hope to continue this tradition by promoting art to help inspire others in this way.
In this role you will be creating art interpretation to engage as many visitors as possible. We are looking for individuals with an art expertise that could help to create appropriate art work.
Who will be responsible for your role?
Where will you be based?
WWT Caerlaverock, Dumfriesshire, DG1 4RS
How much time will it take?
Flexible Days Weekdays & Weekends
Due to the fact that the role would be project based, the amount of time may fluctuate.
What will you be doing?
- Under the Engagement Officer’s direction, the art work could involve all sorts of different mediums including, murals, wood and painting etc. The majority of art will have a wildlife theme. It could also be education related.
- Where appropriate, you will be using reusable materials.
- Working within a small realistic budget.
- Assisting with project-related interpretation
- Engaging the public, and working alongside other visitor engagement volunteers
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with a passion and knowledge for wildlife and an interest for interacting with the public.
- This role would suit students or amateur (wildlife) artists of any age.
- Someone with an interest in events and interacting with the public
- Flexibility with what days and times you are available, due to the busy nature of our Visitor Engagement team.
- IT competence would be advantageous
How will you benefit?
- This is an incredible opportunity for the public to see your artwork. It would also give you fantastic experience. We will offer you an induction into WWT, and the centre and support you in your role.
- This is an excellent opportunity to volunteer within a pioneering international conservation organisation, award-winning wetland centre and visitor attraction
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge
- Appropriate induction will be provided
- You will be part of a friendly and dedicated team of staff and volunteers
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please go to www.wwt.org.uk/volunteer to see details of this role and then complete and submit the online application form. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems with completing the online application form.
Please return all completed application forms by 31st May 2019
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Biodiversity, Communication, Conservation, Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Caerlaverock Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.