Arundel Welcome Team
Why do we need you?
At WWT we shape unforgettable experiences for our visitors. We believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking.
At WWT Arundel Wetland Centre we want to ensure that our visitors receive a warm, friendly welcome to ensure they have a comfortable and enjoyable visit. In this role you’ll be part of the team providing a helping hand to ensuring that our visitors have a great day to remember from start to finish. You’ll also be a key representative and champion of WWT actively engaging our visitors, providing them with information and advising them on our latest conservation initiatives and the benefits of our membership scheme.
Who will be responsible for your role? Retail Manager
Where will you be based? WWT Arundel Wetland Centre
How much time will it take? We are looking for volunteers who can ideally commit to one day a week. Shifts are from 10am to 3pm, with suitable breaks.
What will you be doing?
- Proactively engaging with all visitors, providing a warm, friendly welcome and goodbye
- Supporting the retail and admission team
- Promoting and encouraging visitors to become WWT members
- Asking visitors questions and assisting them with directions to site facilities
- Promoting daily activities and highlighting future events
- Greeting adhoc and pre-booked visiting groups and assisting them to plan their visit
- Updating visitor information and generally helping staff to keep the site tidy and presentable
- Supporting staff and other volunteers during busy periods and special events in a variety of ways which may include; manning activity tables, directing vehicles into the car park, managing queues, handing out flyers, cafe clearing, and any other tasks required
- Using a radio to communicate with staff about any incidents or situations which require attention i.e. lost children or first aid incidents
- Wearing issued WWT uniform, name badge and appropriate clothing
Who are we looking for?
No previous experience is required, as training will be provided. However, you will really enjoy this role will if you:
- Have a positive, friendly and helpful attitude
- Have an interest in and enthusiasm for WWT’s work, nature and the outdoors and can share this with others.
- Have confidence in speaking with members of the public simply and effectively
- Have a strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Are a great communicator and are happy to work as part of a team
- Are active and happy to spend time indoors and out
- Are able to work under your own initiative during quieter times under direction.
- Can be reliable and committed to the role and enjoy working as part of a staff and volunteer team
How will you benefit?
- This is a sociable role offering a fun, uplifting time speaking to a range of visitors and as part of a friendly team and dedicated team
- It is an excellent opportunity to volunteer within and get to know an internationally important wetland site
- An induction to WWT, the Arundel Wetland Centre and role training will be provided
- A suitable WWT uniform and badge is provided to all regular volunteers
- A discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge
How to Apply
To read more and apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/welcome-team/23/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Communication, Conservation, Ecology, Nature & Wildlife
Arundel Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.