Conservation and Research Intern
We are looking for an intern for summer 2019 to help with the activities of the Trust’s Conservation and Research Department. The work involves a variety of activities that could include bird surveys, small mammal monitoring, radio-tracking, public engagement and education, on-park duties, literature searching and some data management and analysis.
Start date: Monday 1 July 2019
Terms: Until early/mid-September. A small stipend, mileage and equipment allowance and accommodation are available.
Location: Based on-site at the Hawk Conservancy Trust and with fieldwork in surrounding areas (Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, West Sussex).
The ideal intern would have:
- Good field skills including bird and mammal observation and identification, and navigation skills.
- A full driving licence and access to own transport – business insurance is required
- Good people/communication skills and experience with talking to groups
- Enthusiasm, commitment and reliability
- A reasonable level of fitness as some surveys will involve walking up to 10km
The position is for July to early/mid-September 2019. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1 May 2019.
How to Apply
The application web page can be found here:
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Hawk Conservancy Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Nature & Wildlife, Research
Hampshire, United Kingdom
1st May 2019 at 7:00pm