Student Placements in Conservation:
Wildwood Trust is a unique woodland attraction and has been a registered charity since 2002. As a centre of excellence for British wildlife, Wildwood works with native, ‘previously native’ and established alien species of the UK. Set within the Blean woods complex, a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), the Wildwood Trust manages approximately 40 acres of woodland and its animal collection.
Wildwood Trust is seeking to recruit student placement volunteers. We are looking for dedicated, full time volunteers on a 3 -12 month placement. The successful placement volunteers will work with our conservation team, which includes assisting in our small mammal captive breeding programmes and other conservation projects.
- Assisting with the husbandry and maintenance of our water voles
- Assisting with the husbandry and maintenance of other small mammals
- General housekeeping, enclosure and ‘yard’ maintenance
- Supporting the conservation team with wider activities
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Able to attend during weekends, bank holidays and during school holidays
- Able to move heavy loads around the park
- Genuinely interested in conservation or studying a conservation course
- Happy to present information / give talks on Wildwood’s conservation work or species in its collection to members of the public and education groups
- Enthusiastic about British Wildlife
Wildwood run a wide variety of conservation courses that placement volunteers would be given the opportunity to attend.
How to Apply
Please visit our website or contact Laura Metcalfe by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01227712111.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level
Nature & Wildlife
Herne, Kent, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.