Content and Communications
Why do we need you?
WWT builds support for wetlands and their wildlife by giving people amazing experiences, and showcasing our conservation work. We do this in part by telling the story of wetland nature through various media, from outside sources such as TV programmes and newspapers to our own channels such as our website and social media.
WWT’s PR and Communications team is working hard to increase the amount and quality of digital content available to our supporters. In order to support this expansion, we are looking for someone to help us organise and catalogue our existing content so that in future we can produce content as efficiently as possible.
Who will be responsible for your role? Content Manager
Where will you be based? HQ – WWT Slimbridge, with the possibility of some home-working
How much time will it take? This role is flexible, and can either be intensive (more days over a shorter period of time) or regular (one or two days a week). The role is expected to commence in January and could extend to March dependent on how much time a volunteer is looking to commit for.
What will you be doing?
- Training, support and guidance will be provided for all these activities during your role. You will be volunteering side-by-side with an experienced member of staff.
- Support the work of the Content Manager to find, catalogue and tag a range of different media from our archives, including Waterlife Magazine, our Youtube channel, blogs, marketing collateral and interpretive materials, and other social media channel
- Help create a centralised fact sheet that will act as a reference for anyone creating content or marketing materials, to ensure consistency across the brand
- Help compile a list of contacts who could be potential leads for creating editorial content, categorising by theme and area of expertise
- Collate examples of competitor activity for research purposes
- Transcription work for video media content
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit you if you have;
- An interest in media, communications or marketing
- Good attention to detail
- A good knowledge of how various digital channels work, although not necessarily in a professional sense
- No previous experience of working in communications or marketing is required. Training will be provided for all tasks. However, it will help if you are confident at using standard office software such as Word, Excel and Outlook, and have a good grasp of English grammar, spelling and sentence construction.
How will you benefit?
- You will gain valuable experience of working in a conservation charity communications department, seeing first-hand how digital content management and strategy works
- You will learn how to identify good potential stories and consider how media could be repurposed in different channels, and how to tag and archive
- Your role will be at Slimbridge, the birthplace of modern conservation, an internationally important wetland and one of the region’s top visitor attractions
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Training opportunities will be provided
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge
There are various options for travelling to WWT Slimbridge. Cam & Dursley rail station is a 3.5 mile cycle or taxi ride away. Unfortunately there is no bus service directly to Slimbridge: the nearest services stop at the A38 leaving a walk through the village to reach us. Ample car parking spaces are available at the Centre, and there may be opportunities to lift share with other WWT staff or volunteers.
We regret that we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred for travel to the site. Any pre-agreed out-of-pocket expenses incurred in the course of the role will be reimbursed.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer placement is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please go to our website to see details of this role and then complete and submit the online application form. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems with completing the application form.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level
Administration, Communication, Conservation, Marketing
Slimbridge HQ, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.