Education – Formal Learning Session Assistant
At WWT, we believe that the best way for people to understand and ‘connect’ with wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. You will be directly involved in shaping children’s unforgettable experiences through the warm welcome you give them, your interactions with them and the information that you provide. We need enthusiastic people to help deliver our education programmes to school groups and in doing so ensuring that they feel part of something amazing.
We are looking for volunteers for one or two days each week, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.00pm, during term times.
What will you be doing?
- Helping out with school groups as appropriate.
- Leading selected guided learning sessions (session plans provided)/supporting education lead.
- Attending training sessions and meetings when required.
- Being friendly and approachable to visitors, especially children.
- Interacting with children in a sensitive and responsive manner.
- Being aware of procedures regarding child protection.
- Being involved in peer mentoring and observation during guided learning sessions.
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit you if:
- You have experience in an educational setting
- You are confident or experienced in delivering enquiry-based learning to school groups
- You are able to work in a team of staff and volunteers
- You are able to communicate well with a diverse range of audiences
- You are familiar with Martin Mere centre – this would be an advantage during the initial stages.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply for this role please see our website:
Should you have any questions please email:
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Education, Nature & Wildlife
Martin Mere, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.