Education – Learning Support
Who will be responsible for your role? Learning Manager
Where will you be based? WWT Castle Espie
How much time will it take? To be agreed. We are looking to develop a rota system whereby we have cover during school visits during term time and for further cover during holiday periods.
What will you be doing?
- Helping to run logistical and practical elements of schools visitation to include:
- Welcoming school groups as they de-bus.
- Showing school groups to their designated rooms.
- Giving a brief welcome and introduction to WWT Castle Espie.
- Liaising between the school and Learning staff prior to delivery of the visit schedule.
- Showing teaching staff the whereabouts of our facilities i.e. toilets, coffee shop, first aid room etc.
- Organising equipment for various activities and re-setting or tidying these items after use.
- Assisting, where applicable, a Learning member of staff in the delivery of a set programme.
- Accompanying school groups as they leave the premises.
- Assisting with the cleaning and setting up of lunch and break areas.
- Preparing materials for use by the learning team.
- Reporting any incidents relating to health and safety to the line manager.
Who are we looking for?
To carry out this role effectively, you will need:
- Good communication skills and an outgoing personality.
- A willingness and ability to talk to teachers and all age groups of school children.
- An interest in learning-related activities.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of WWT and the natural world.
- To be a good listener, with the ability to adapt your approach to suit your audience.
- The ability to work on your own initiative under the direction of the Learning Manager and their staff.
How to Apply
To find out more and apply, visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/education-learning-support/67/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Communication, Conservation, Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.