Education Volunteer Coordinator
Why we want you
Do you remember the thrill of finding your first ladybird? We have a small team of volunteers helping children connect to nature, as part of our Girlguiding London and South East England Region (LaSER) and Schools Outreach programmes. We need your help to manage volunteering within our dynamic Education team. Tasks include:
- Editing our e-newsletter for volunteers
- Devising methods of evaluating the volunteering experience
- Registering volunteers in our database, and helping keep our records up-to-date
- Being a first point of contact for volunteer enquiries
- Keeping an eye on potential ways to grow our volunteering roles
- Identifying opportunities to advertise volunteer roles
- Responding to queries from potential volunteers
- Organising thank-you events for volunteers
- Emailing welcome packs to new volunteers
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to build on your existing skills and add to your knowledge and experience by leading on volunteer engagement. We’re able to support you to develop a particular skill, such as database management or organising events, as well as link you to training opportunities. With expert mentoring along the way, volunteering with the UK’s largest conservation charity will boost your CV – we’ll provide you with a reference. As this will be your own project, you will also have the chance to see your work making a real difference. You’ll meet new people, be part of a friendly team of staff and other volunteers, all the while learning more about the conservation work at the RSPB, UK’s largest conservation charity.
The skills you need
- organisational skills and attention to detail
- polite telephone manner and written communication skills
- creative and forward thinking, enjoy looking for opportunities to develop new initiatives
- a keen interest in wildlife, conservation and nature
- computer literacy – Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- friendly and approachable attitude
- it would be desirable, but not essential, to have previous volunteering or volunteer management experience
Commitment: One day a week, 10am – 4pm
Location: This opportunity is based on our London Office, and we’re flexible about working from home
Interviews: Early February, with an aim to begin volunteering in Mid-February.
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life to apply.
Before starting, we provide you with full induction and training.
A DBS is not required for this role.
We reimburse any out-of-pocket travel expenses, and provide tea, coffee (and biscuits!) on-site.
The RSPB is the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, inspiring everyone to give nature a home. Together with our partners, we protect threatened birds and wildlife so our towns, coast and countryside will teem with life once again. We play a leading role in BirdLife International, a worldwide partnership of nature conservation organisations.
How to Apply
Contact the Education Team at the RSPB London Office
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Administration, Biodiversity, Communication, Education, Environment, Human Resources, Nature & Wildlife, Research, Sustainability
London Office, United Kingdom
2nd February 2018 at 11:45pm