Energy Efficiency Volunteer Placement
We want to evaluate the impact of our Energyworks team which works to save people money on their fuel bills through behaviour change, advice and simple energy efficiency measures. This team is funded by Rochdale Council, The National Grid, Big Energy Saving Network, British Gas Energy Trust and Heywood Rochdale & Middleton Clinical Commissioning Group. In this placement you will be able to evidence skills in evaluation, use of data, report writing and working with staff, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Line manager overview
Your line manager will be Suzanne Barningham (Energyworks Manager). Suzanne is a successful and hands on manager with a small team of canvassers and qualified energy advisers.
What will I gain?
- Confidence and skills to gather diverse forms of evidence and use to evaluate a high profile project
- A wider understanding of fuel poverty and linked long term health conditions.
- Using your work to influence funders
- Guidance from an experienced senior management team.
- Support progressing into employment, training or further volunteering when the placement ends
Who will I be working with?
- Direct line management from Energyworks Manager, with further support from the wider Trust including Quality Manager and Business Development Manager.
- Wider partners including funders and other stakeholders.
- The Project Co-ordinator for the VPA programme will help ensure that the placement meets your needs and will also deliver team tasks that involve the wider graduate team.
Requirements for the Placement
- Enthusiasm for written English and use of spreadsheets.
- Friendly and able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to plan and prioritise your workload.
- IT literate.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding procedures
- Placement available from NOW
- Approx 12 weeks in length – flexible working hours within a requirement for 3 days
- Placement will be based in Oldham with some travel to Rochdale
- All expenses covered & uniform etc. provided
How to Apply
Please contact Suzanne Barninham by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0161 624 1444.
You can visit our website here.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Education, Environment, Research
Oldham, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
31st December 2017 at 9:45am