Events & Activities
Why do we need you?
At WWT we shape unforgettable experiences for our visitors. We believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. By volunteering as part of our Arundel team you will be supporting WWT to provide our visitors with a great day out, encouraging them to engage with and support our work to save wetlands for life.
We may also need your help to run a central information desk providing advice and activities for all our visitors.
Who will be responsible for your role?
Where will you be based?
WWT Arundel Wetland Centre
How much time will it take?
Preferably one day a week over weekends, bank holidays and school holidays 9.30am – 4.30pm, including occasional early morning and evening activities. We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute. These may vary from week to week and can be offered on a rota basis.
What will you be doing?
- As part of a small team to engage our family visitors with fun and entertaining days out helping staff deliver informal activities and seasonal events throughout the year, such as pond dipping, bug hunting, puddle jumping, and our Lego workshops.
- Supporting staff with meeting and greeting and accompanying other special events, such as evening bat walks, early morning openings, moth mornings, and other adult-friendly walks and talks.
- Providing support to staff in the preparation, set up and clearing away of equipment for activities, workshops and special events.
- Helping to run a central information desk providing information and activities to all our visitors, and assisting with navigation of the site
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and events at the centre and talking to visitors about forthcoming events and activities that may be of interest.
- Attending training sessions and update meetings to support you in your role.
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit you if you;
- Have an enthusiasm for the natural world and for sharing it with others
- Have a calm, friendly and composed manner
- Are able to communicate well with a wide range of audiences
- Have a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Are keen, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Have a good ability and are happy to work as part of a friendly, busy team and on your own at times
- Are willing to spend time outdoors in all weather conditions.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site in the UK, learn useful skills and gain insightful experience into our work across WWT.
- You will be part of a friendly and dedicated team who promote the work of WWT at Arundel and our network of other wetland reserves.
- A full induction to WWT and the Arundel Centre and training for the role will be provided.
- A suitable WWT uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- A discount is available in the café and the shop on the days of volunteering.
- Opportunities to further skills training will be discussed.
- Enjoy free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
How to Apply
Please go to www.wwt.org.uk/volunteer to complete and submit the online application form. Email email@example.com if you have any problems. Successful applicants will be asked to come to the centre and meet the team, find out more about the role and discuss availability before being offered a placement.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level
Conservation, Marketing, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Arundel Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.