Our volunteers are pivotal in shaping unforgettable experiences for our visitors. Our Wetland centres help showcase the work WWT does, encouraging visitors to engage with and support wetlands and wildlife. As part of the Grounds and Facilities team you will be helping to maintain the centre and grounds to a high standard thus ensuring our visitors have a great day out.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer who takes pride in a job well done and who has an eye for detail.
What will you be doing?
Assisting with the day to day cleaning, maintenance and repairs of a busy centre to include:
- Joinery, carpentry and general DIY
- Minor repairs to buildings
- Repairs to external fencing, pathways and outside furniture
- Minor painting and decorating work
- Minor plumbing fixes
- Assisting in ensuring the premises are clean and ready for business
- Assisting with event preparation, including moving, lifting and installation of exhibit and event items
- Assisting with new building and refurbishment projects
- Assisting with weekly Health & Safety checks and routine plant, vehicle and equipment checks
- To ensure the safety, welfare and enjoyment of the visiting public
- Promote the work of WWT to all visitors.
Work will vary from inside to outside environments.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking people with a wide range of skills and abilities who have practical experience for the required tasks and activities as listed above. Someone who can see a task through from inception to completion, can work unsupervised and who can work using their own initiative. You should also be a good team player. As much of your work will be carried out under the gaze of our visitors, you will also need to have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and a willingness to engage with members of the public from time to time.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
- You will gain a volunteering opportunity that enables you to carry out a diverse range of tasks, working in a beautiful location within a great team.
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply please see our website:
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.