What will you be doing?
Assisting with the day to day cleaning, maintenance and repairs of a busy centre to include:
- Joinery, carpentry and general DIY
- Minor repairs to buildings
- Repairs to external fencing, pathways and outside furniture
- Minor painting and decorating work
- Minor plumbing fixes
- Assisting in ensuring the premises are clean and ready for business
- Assisting with event preparation, including moving, lifting and installation of exhibit and event items
- Assisting with new building and refurbishment projects
- Assisting with weekly Health & Safety checks and routine plant, vehicle and equipment checks
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking people with a wide range of skills and abilities who have practical experience for the required tasks and activities as listed above. Someone who can see a task through from inception to completion, can work unsupervised and who can work using their own initiative. You should also be a good team player. As much of your work will be carried out under the gaze of our visitors, you will also need to have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and a willingness to engage with members of the public from time to time.
How to Apply
To find otu more and apply, visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/maintenance/61/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Conservation, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.