Family Activities Assistant – Arts & Crafts
Why do we need you?
At WWT, we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. We use resources creatively to maximum effect, working against the odds. With our adventurous nature comes a deep sense of fun.
As an arts and craft volunteer, you will take on a wide variety of roles in assisting with the organisation and delivery of arts and crafts during key seasonal events and smaller activities for the visiting public throughout the year.
Who will be responsible for your role? Learning Manager
Where will you be based? WWT Castle Espie
How much time will it take? To be agreed
What will you be doing?
- Assisting the Learning team (made up of staff and volunteers) to engage our visitors through the medium of arts and crafts. A key focus of your role will be to assist with the organisation of, and delivery of, arts and craft themed activities throughout the year.
- Providing centre support through the preparation of arts and craft materials and resources for activities and seasonal events i.e. half-terms, Easter, summer holidays, Halloween, Christmas, weekends etc.
- Liaising with the Learning Manager on all aspects of what is required to carry out arts and craft activities i.e. ordering stock, material preparation, storage of material etc.
- Adhering to WWT procedures, such as Data Protection compliance, Health and Safety etc.
Who are we looking for?
- To carry out this role effectively, you will need:
- An interest in arts and crafts and those relating to children specifically.
- A working knowledge of artistic mediums.
- Experience of arts and crafts with small and large groups and families.
- Experience of working with a variety of age groups including children and adults.
- Attention to detail and creativity.
- A confident friendly attitude and/or experience of successful face-to-face contact with the public.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of WWT and the natural world.
- Good listening skills, with the ability to adapt your approach to suit your audience.
- The ability to work on your own initiative under the direction of the Learning Manager.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important conservation organisation
- A very rewarding experience and ideal for those considering work within the events or community arts sector.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge
- Training opportunities will be provided
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/family-activities-arts-and-crafts-assistant/71/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Conservation, Education, Workshop & Practical Skills
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.