Family Activities – Weekend Crafts Assistant
At WWT we believe that the best way for people to understand and ‘connect’ with wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. You will be directly involved in shaping children’s unforgettable experiences through the warm welcome you give them, your interactions with them and the information that you provide.
Who will be responsible for your role? Learning Manager
How much time will it take? Two Saturdays or Sundays per month 1pm – 4pm
What will you be doing?
- Participating in craft activities with families.
- Handling payments money and cashing up at the end of the session.
- Being friendly and approachable to visitors, especially children.
- Interacting with children in a sensitive and responsive manner.
- Being aware of procedures regarding child protection.
- Attending training sessions and meetings when required.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit you if:
- You have experience with children, maybe as a parent or grandparent.
- You have experience of craft activities.
- You are able to work in a team of staff and volunteers.
- You are able to communicate well with families.
- You are able to think creatively.
How will you benefit?
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
You will become part of a strong, friendly team.
Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
Training opportunities will be provided.
We regret that we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred for travel to the site.
How to Apply
Please visit our website or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on 01704 891 224.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Education, Nature & Wildlife, Research
Washington Wetlands Centre,, United Kingdom
31st December 2017 at 1:45pm