Fundraising Team Leader Volunteer (Area Coordinator Volunteer) – Midlands
Around the UK and across the world, nature is in steady, desperate decline. Wildlife and wild places are disappearing at an alarming rate. 10% of all UK species are now under threat and we are determined to stop this happening. Therefore, collecting the necessary funds to do our important conservation work is crucial. This is why we urgently need your support.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a volunteer willing to put his/her local knowledge in action and support the RSPB expand its community fundraising scheme on a local level. Your work will focus on the organisation and coordination of volunteers in placing and looking after boxes in busy locations in your local area (Don’t know what a pin badge box is? Check the following link for more information: https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/volunteering-fundraising/fundraise/charity-pin-badges-to-collect/pin-badges/ ). With your support our volunteers could raise thousands of pounds for conservation every year.
Our community fundraising volunteers are the local face of the RSPB. Last year, in the Midlands, the team raised an amount of £101,200, further contributing to a huge £1.3 million nationally. Could you help us raise even more?
Currently, we are looking for team leaders in the following areas:
- Birmingham & the West Midlands
- North Shropshire
The skills you need
We are looking for a highly motivated and confident individual with the following skills:
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Experience of working with volunteers, or as a volunteer
- Fully computer literate and confident with reports, with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, email and the internet
- Excellent time-keeping and organisational skills
- A friendly and personable approach, with a high level of motivation to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Strong local knowledge
- A will for occasional travels to different locations within your team’s local area.
No knowledge of birds or wildlife is required – just a passion and enthusiasm to help us give nature a home.
Minimum: Between 6-8 hours a month
Duration of the project: Ongoing
Time of the year: All year round
What’s in it for you
- This is an exceptional opportunity that will allow you to develop strong practical skills and knowledge in community fundraising while developing a good insight on the operations of the largest wildlife conservation charity in Europe. Also, you will get the opportunity to be part of the largest wildlife conservation charity in Europe that will allow you to get a good insight on how we work to save nature. Therefore, it is an ideal role especially for someone who wants to build knowledge and experience related to the conservation and the charity sector.
- We will support you to expand your potential. You will receive induction and training from the regional community fundraising team and you will be receiving regular and ongoing support throughout.
- Your volunteer line manager will help you to
develop further existing skills as well as gaining new ones.
- It is a great chance to get out and about in your local area, expand your existing networks and develop new ones, while meeting lots of like-minded people. Being part of the RSPB will help you a lot to achieve this.
- Expenses will be reimbursed where necessary.
How to Apply
Please send an email at email@example.com explaining why you are interested in the role, or call at 07710760352.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), Midlands Region
Entry Level, Graduate, Postgraduate, Senior
Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Fundraising
Various locations, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.