Grounds and Gardening Volunteer
At WWT, we shape unforgettable experiences. By working as part of the Grounds volunteer team you will assist with the maintenance of all aspects of gardening within the grounds at Martin Mere in order to exhibit our waterfowl and mammals from around the world to the highest standards. This will help to provide our visitors with a great day out and encourage them to engage with and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
We are looking for volunteers that can give one day a week – to be agreed.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting with development and maintenance of visitor centre grounds.
- Assisting with planting, weeding and pruning.
- Helping us maintain our visitor infrastructure to a high standard including path clearance, and furnishings.
- Assisting with removal of nettles and other weeds both in and outside of the enclosures
- Ensuring that fence lines are clear of vegetation
- Welcoming and engaging visitors.
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and enjoyment of the visiting public.
- Promoting the work of WWT to all visitors.
Who are we looking for?
- No formal qualifications are required. However this role would suit you if you have experience or understanding of gardening and conservation.
- A practical approach to tasks
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Willing to work in all weathers
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone as required
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centre throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Training opportunities provided
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/grounds-gardening
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
Entry Level, Graduate
Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Martin Mere, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.