Grounds and Gardening Volunteer
Our volunteers are pivotal in shaping unforgettable experiences for our visitors. Our Wetland centres help showcase the work WWT does, encouraging visitors to engage with and support wetlands and wildlife. As part of the Grounds and Facilities team you will be helping to maintain the centre and grounds to a high standard thus ensuring our visitors have a great day out.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer who takes pride in a job well done and who has an eye for detail.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of our grounds, including the car park and sensory garden, to ensure the enjoyment and safety of our visitors. Duties will include:
- Assisting with groundworks, including digging and scrub clearance
- Planting, weeding, pruning, vegetable/fruit production and propagation of plants
- Assisting us to maintain our visitor infrastructure to a high standard including path clearance and renewal, fencing, maintenance of water features, cleaning and maintenance of hides and outside furniture
- Assisting with the supervision of external volunteer groups
- Welcoming and engaging visitors
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and enjoyment of the visiting public
- Promoting the work of WWT to all visitors.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/grounds-gardening
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
Countryside & Land Management, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Castle Espie, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.