Grounds – Gardening
Why do we need you?
At WWT, we shape unforgettable experiences. By working as part of the Grounds Volunteer team you will assist with the maintenance of all aspects of gardening within the grounds at Washington in order to exhibit our waterfowl and mammals from around the world to the highest standards. This will help to provide our visitors with a great day out and encourage them to engage with and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
Who will be responsible for your role? Grounds Warden.
Where will you be based? WWT Washington.
How much time will it take? Friday 10:00 – 16:00.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting with development and maintenance of visitor centre grounds.
- Assisting with planting, weeding and pruning.
- Helping us maintain our visitor infrastructure to a high standard including path clearance, and furnishings.
- Welcoming and engaging visitors.
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and enjoyment of the visiting public.
- Promoting the work of WWT to all visitors.
Who are we looking for?
- No formal qualifications are required. However this role would suit you if you have formal or informal experience or understanding of gardening and conservation.
- You will need to be practical and physically able.
- You will be able to work in a team of staff and volunteers.
- You will need to be proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision, under the direction of the Grounds Manager and wardens.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/grounds-gardening/13/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Washington Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.