Guided Nature Walks Volunteer
What we’re looking for
With over 100,000 visitors a year, Bempton Cliffs is a very busy reserve. We deliver daily seabird walks throughout the summer; showing visitors the sights, sounds and smells of 250,000 seabirds and providing them with information on the birds that live here. This role serves to enhance the experience visitors have on the reserve and encourages return visits.
The skills you need
- Approachable, with a friendly demeanor
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to walk along cliff top paths in all weathers
- Confidence to initiate conversations with and talk to members of the public
- Ability to communicate well and listen
- Enthusiasm for wildlife and conservation
- Willingness to learn and relay accurate information (which will be provided)
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training and personal development
- Knowledge of how to use a telescope correctly and efficiently
- Knowledge of some RSPB work and a familiarity with Bempton Cliffs
- First Aid certificate
- Own transport
- Some knowledge of Bempton Cliffs wildlife (particularly seabirds)
- Experience of working with the public
Minimum:1 day a week
Period:All year round, but in particular March-September
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to spend your days out on the sea cliffs surrounded by up to a quarter of a million nesting seabirds.
- he chance to pass on your passion for nature to enthuse others
- An opportunity to be part of the country’s largest nature conservation charity
- The opportunity to become part of a friendly, supportive team
- Regular line management support
- Opportunities to use and develop skills and personal initiative
- Training in the safe use of all relevant equipment
- References if appropriate
How to Apply
Please visit our website or contact Sarah Aitken by e-mail at Sarah.Aitken@rspb.org.uk.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
Entry Level, Graduate
Nature & Wildlife
Bempton Cliffs Reserve, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
25th July 2018 at 1:45pm