Hickling Broad Visitor Centre volunteer
The Visitor Centre Volunteer will welcome visitors to our visitor centre, providing excellent visitor care. Helping with all visitor centre duties, including; sales, promoting membership and events.
Type of work you will be involved with
- Providing an enthusiastic and warm welcome to all visitors as an ambassador of NWT, including answering the phone.
- Actively promoting and completing sales of NWT membership, to include gift aid and direct debit.
- Boat trip bookings & promotion.
- Engaging with visitors, promoting all NWT reserves throughout Norfolk and what can be seen on our reserves today, helping them make the most of their visit.
- Dealing with sales transactions including operating the till and credit card machine.
- Actively ensuring the visitor centre is clean and welcoming at all times.
- Checking deliveries, pricing, re-stocking displays, assisting with stock takes.
- Other duties as instructed by the Centre Coordinator
Skills and abilities you will be using in your role
- Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming personality
- Customer service skills & confidence to actively sell NWT membership and goods
- Love of wildlife and wild places
- Numerate and able to keep accurate records and use the till (training will be provided)
- Reliable time keeper
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to multi-task at peak times
- Ability to communicate with members of the public of all ages
You will be based at NWT Hickling Broad Visitor Centre
Times/days we would like you to be available
Flexible. The centre is open 7 days a week, 10am – 5pm April – October and weekends only from November to March.
Benefits to you
- Working in a fabulous and unique location close to wildlife and nature
- Opportunity to enhance and share knowledge about and passion for local wildlife
- Develop skills in customer service, retail and communication
- Become a valued member of a professional team
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
How to Apply
Please use the application form provided to apply. Further information about this role can be found in the role description provided, or on our website:
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Norfolk Wildlife Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Administration, Biodiversity, Communication, Conservation, Ecology, Education, Environment, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.