Why do we need you?
At WWT we encourage people to feel part of something amazing and motivate them to make a difference. As an image cataloguer you will be helping us to manage the 100,000-plus awe-inspiring and engaging images that we use to represent our work.
Who will be responsible for your role? Senior Content Producer
Where will you be based? HQ Slimbridge
How much time will it take? To be agreed
What will you be doing?
- Sorting batches from the photographic collection with a view to creating a high quality, easily accessible image resource for use by staff across WWT
- Selecting images according to their potential for use in marketing and publicity material in terms of technical quality, clarity of image, and engaging subject matter
- Agreeing with the Senior Content Producer a logical, consistent system of tagging images that will facilitate searches
- Tagging every image appropriately to aid future searches
Who are we looking for?
No formal qualifications are required. However, this role will suit you if you can demonstrate the following skills:
- The ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Adobe Lightroom desirable but not essential
- A good standard of IT literacy
- Basic knowledge of bird species, or the ability to carry out research to accurately identify the wide variety of birds, animals and plant life depicted in our image bank
- An understanding of what makes an engaging image, and the confidence to make decisions on the suitability and marketability of specific images
- Attention to detail
- An interest in the work of WWT
How will you benefit?
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to an internationally important conservation charity and work within their Media team
- Media training in the use of photo edit software
- Free entry to all WWT centres with your badge
- Discounts are available in the cafe and shop
How to Apply
Please go to www.wwt.org.uk/volunteer and complete the online application form which can be found along with full details of this role (select Slimbridge HQ from the drop down menu on the Volunteering Opportunities page).
Any problems finding or completing the application form should be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate
Administration, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Marketing, Nature & Wildlife
Slimbridge Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.