Inspiring People Volunteer Living Seas Centre
Why do we need you?
Our marine wildlife is amazing and we want to tell everyone! Yorkshire Wildlife Trust is creating a county rich in wildlife and we need passionate, inspiring volunteers to share the wonders of nature with people across Yorkshire. From the Living Seas Centre the Trust runs regular events from education sessions with local schools to Living Seas Safari boat trips and Seashore Safaris for the public. We are looking for people who can inspire others and help us to delivery these events throughout the year.
What will you be doing?
At the Living Seas Centre we run a range of events across the year to inspire people about nature, from school group visits to bookable events for the public. In this role you will help to deliver these activities, representing Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, and sharing your passion for nature with others providing a high quality visitor experience.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting with the smooth running of events and sessions
- Assist in preparing of equipment, resources and materials
- Assist in room set up
- Back mark groups so no one gets lost
- Check in people on events attendance list
- Meet and greet participants
- Engage with visitors and communicate ‘onward messages’
- Assist in the packing away of materials and equipment correctly
- Feedback event attendance to co-ordinators or Education Officer
- Run activities such as Seashore Safaris, Seashore Scavenger Hunts and Beach Cleans
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to inspire others about the natural world
- Development of leadership skills
- Development of communication skills
- Development of engagement skills
- Access to the Volunteer training programme
- Be part of a fun and inspiring team
- A chance to learn more about the amazing Yorkshire coast and the wildlife that calls it home.
Where is the role based: Living Seas Centre, Flamborough
Commitment: Flexible- we have events and education sessions running weekdays and at weekends. You could help out with half a day a month to a day a week, the choice is yours!
Duration: Ongoing – Most of our events happen between April and September. This is when you will be busiest.
If you’d like to dip your toe in before applying for this role, we are holding an Inspiring People Volunteer Taster Day at the Living Seas Centre Sunday 10th March 2019 10am-1pm. The day will consist of learning about what we do, taking part in some fun activities that you would be involved as an Inspiring People Volunteer and the next steps to joining the team. This is a bookable event, please send booking requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13th March 2019 at 9am
Informal Interviews for the role will take place on Monday 18th March 2019 at the LSC
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Education, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
Flamborough, United Kingdom
13th March 2019 at 9:00am