Learning Assistant Volunteer
At Bempton Cliffs, school and youth groups book onto sessions in which they learn all about and are inspired by the beautiful and amazing wildlife on the reserve; enabling them to make their own connection to nature. As a Learning Assistant you will lead our education sessions using resources, games and play to engage children.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to pass on your passion for nature to enthuse children and young people
- The opportunity to have fun in an outdoor learning environment with young people
- An opportunity to be part of the country’s largest nature conservation charity
- The opportunity to become part of a friendly, supportive team
- Opportunities to use and develop skills and personal initiative
- Training in the safe use of all relevant equipment
- References if appropriate
The skills you need:
- Approachable, with a friendly demeanour.
- Be confident in dealing with tricky situations.
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Familiarity with Bempton Cliffs.
- Ability to communicate well and listen.
- Aware of aims of environmental education.
- Enthusiasm for wildlife and conservation.
- Ability to work with large groups.
- Passionate about inspiring children.
- Experience of working with children.
- Ability to be on the go all day.
- Own transport.
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training and personal development.
- Basic ecological knowledge, but training will be given.
- Prepared to lead sessions with school groups.
- DBS checked, or willing to be checked.
Please note that this role requires someone who is available and able to lead school groups one day a week from March to July to cover school terms and you will need to be confident and a quick learner. If you have any doubt about your availability please speak to Kerry before applying for this role.
How to Apply
For an application form please contact Kerry Fieldhouse, Learning Officer
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Conservation, Education, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
East Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.