Why do we need you?
Our learning support volunteers help us welcome around 8000 young people, from early years to university age, on formal learning visits to Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
At WWT we believe that the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. At Slimbridge Wetland Centre visitors can explore unique wetland habitats and the amazing array of birds, mammals and amphibians that inhabit them. Our volunteers help to welcome and inspire visitors, and look after our unique habitats and heritage.
Who will be responsible for your role?
Where will you be based?
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
How much time will it take?
School, college and university visits take place on weekdays, usually between 9.30am – mid-afternoon.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in meeting and greeting schools or groups on arrival at the centre.
- Supporting staff in delivering formal learning programmes, e.g. help with pond dipping, feeding the birds and supervising curriculum linked, engaging activities within sessions.
- Engaging with pupils, students and supervising adults during their self-guiding time as they explore the visitor centre, collection and reserve.
- Assisting with the creation of new props and maintaining learning equipment.
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit you if you:
- Have good communication skills and an outgoing personality
- Are willing to talk to visitors of all ages both on a one-to-one level and to larger groups
- Have an interest in education related activities and the natural environment
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Are looking to gain experience of environmental education
How to Apply
Full details of this role and an online application form can be found at https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/slimbridge/slimbridge-2020/volunteering-at-slimbridge/. If you have any problems locating the information or filling out the application form please email email@example.com
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Biodiversity, Biology, Communication, Conservation, Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Slimbridge Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
3rd March 2019 at 12:00am