Who will be responsible for your role? Facilities Manager
Where will you be based?
WWT Castle Espie, Comber, County Down
How much time will it take?
1 to 2 days per week – we are looking for commitment from a volunteer to give us regular hours on mutually agreeable days, with a degree of reasonable flexibility.
During specific events we may require some additional time in order to fulfil our requirements.
What will you be doing?
Assisting with the day to day maintenance and repairs of a busy centre to include:
- Joinery, carpentry and general DIY
- Minor repairs to buildings
- Repairs to external fencing, pathways and outside furniture
- Painting and decorating
- Minor plumbing
- Lifting and moving materials for events
- Assisting with new building and refurbishment projects.
- You will also be assisting with health and safety monitoring to include routine checks throughout buildings and grounds.
- Work will vary from inside to outside environments.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking people with a wide range of skills and abilities who have practical experience for the required tasks and activities as listed above. Someone who can see a task through from inception to completion, can work unsupervised and who can work using their own initiative. You should also be a good team player. As much of your work will be carried out under the gaze of our visitors, you will also need to have excellent customer service skills and a willingness to engage with members of the public from time to time.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Training opportunities will be provided
- Experience enabling you to further a career path or volunteering skills
How to Apply
To read more and apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/facilities-maintenance
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Biodiversity, Conservation, Environment, Workshop & Practical Skills
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.