Marketing and Events Volunteer
WWT builds support for wetlands and their wildlife by giving people amazing experiences. We do this through our visitor centre events and through the stories we tell on television and radio and in the press and online.
This year we have an action packed events programme and we require help in our marketing and events department to ensure that we plan amazing days out for our visitors and have the right team of people to deliver them throughout the year.
What will you be doing?
Training, support and guidance will be provided for all these activities during your role. You will be volunteering side-by-side with an experienced member of staff.
- Supporting the work of the marketing and events team, in planning, developing and delivering events, with scope for some direct events experience.
- Supporting the work of the marketing team with social media, PR, online and events administration.
- Taking and logging queries from journalists and the public, and either drafting responses or arranging for them to be answered.
- Making arrangements for media interviews and filming
- Adapting pre-written copy for various communications (press releases, enewsletters, intranet, website, social media).
- Preparing photos and video for websites and media.
- Attending meetings and preparing updates
Ideally we’re looking for help for 15 hours per week spread across two or more days.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/marketing-events
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
Entry Level, Graduate
Administration, Communication, Marketing
Castle Espie, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
30th September 2021 at 11:45pm