Membership Recruiter Volunteer
With over 100,000 visitors a year, Bempton Cliffs is a very busy reserve. We aim to deliver first class customer care at all times, as well as giving an outstanding home to nature. We are looking for someone to provide a warm welcome to all our visitors, providing them with the information they need to make the most of their visit. We need you to be able to enthuse people about wildlife and the RSPB, and actively encourage non-members to join. Other duties include promoting pin badge sales and promoting events/activities.
What’s in it for you?
- You may be looking for a way of putting something back, or you may have sales skills which you want to put to good use for a great cause.
- The chance to pass on your passion for nature to enthuse others.
- An induction to the site.
- Induction to the RSPB, it’s vision and ways of working.
- Training in product knowledge, the GREAT Welcome system and membership recruitment.
- An opportunity to be part of the country’s largest nature conservation charity.
- The opportunity to become part of a friendly, supportive team.
- Regular line management support.
- Opportunities to use and develop skills and personal initiative.
- Training in the safe use of all relevant equipment.
- Relevant H&S training.
- An RSPB uniform and name badge.
- References if appropriate.
The skills you need
- To be able to lead and support in the delivery of the site’s GREAT welcome system at all times.
- To advocate a positive ‘can-do’ membership culture, so that more membership conversations take place, with a higher proportion of those conversations resulting in members of the public joining and greater membership income for the RSPB.
- An infectious enthusiasm for nature and its conservation.
- A warm and friendly personality.
- The confidence to initiate conversations with the public.
- Able to communicate with visitors from all walks of life with differing knowledge and interest.
- The ability to listen and respond appropriately.
- The ability to inspire visitors to give nature a home where they live.
- Basic computer skills are needed for membership recruitment.
- An awareness of Health and Safety.
How to Apply
For an application form please contact Scott Smith, Visitor Operations Manager
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Conservation, Fundraising, Marine Conservation
East Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.