Membership Recruitment Assistant
Why do we need you?
At WWT we work together for a positive future, people feel part of something amazing and are motivated to make a difference.
The Membership Recruitment team is a small, busy team based at HQ Slimbridge. We support the work of the Trust in acquiring new members, ensuring that our nine main UK visitor centres have the materials, resources, staffing and data needed to make the best possible job of encouraging visitors to convert to membership. We also support a number of recruiters working in ‘private site’ venues such as garden centres, shopping malls and local fairs and events, whose job it is to signup new WWT members at these venues.
As Membership Recruitment Assistant volunteer, you will play a role in ensuring our centres and the off-site team receive great support in a timely manner across a variety of administrative and other duties. You’ll provide general support as required to the team and help us ensure we are prepared for upcoming peak periods.
What will you be doing?
- Helping ensure that there is adequate stock and materials distributed to centres for membership recruitment.
- Carrying out general administration duties such as room, hotel and vehicle bookings.
- Researching and writing fact sheets to an agreed template, with support from the Membership Recruitment team.
- Assisting with the completion of timesheets, expenses and payroll forms.
- Organising meetings, booking rooms and refreshments
- Organising print production and distribution of leaflets, etc as required
- Data entry, mainly via Excel spreadsheet.
- Other projects as directed by the Supporter Recruitment Manager.
Who are we looking for?
You will be suited to this role if you:
- Want to gain experience in fundraising/the third sector.
- Are interested in charities working in conservation.
- Enjoy communicating and working as part of a team in a friendly, busy environment
- Have an organised approach and good attention to detail.
- Enjoy a combination of routine tasks or creative (written) tasks
How will you benefit?
- The opportunity to volunteer within an internationally important & longstanding conservation charity and gain experience in a busy, people-focussed environment.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
- Gain a good understanding of how a membership/fundraising team operates and experience of using Excel in a work context.
While there are some core tasks we are looking for support with, there is an opportunity for a volunteer to make this role their own and, where relevant support the wider team. We ask for a minimum of 1 day a week but more days/hours are available and exact times will be agreed.
All training will be provided where necessary. We do ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months but will discuss your availability with you upon successful application. University students who are available in the holidays are also welcome to apply.
There are various options for travelling to WWT Slimbridge. Cam & Dursley rail station is a 3.5 mile cycle or taxi ride away. Unfortunately there is no bus service directly to Slimbridge: the nearest services stop at the A38 leaving a walk through the village to reach us. Ample car parking spaces are available at the Centre, and there may be opportunities to lift share with other WWT staff or volunteers.
We regret we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred in travelling to and from the site, but any pre-agreed expenses incurred in the course of your duties will be reimbursed.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer opportunity is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please go to www.wwt.org.uk/volunteer to see details of this role and then complete and submit the online application form. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems with completing the application form.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Campaigning, Communication, Conservation, Fundraising, Marketing
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.