Membership Recruitment Volunteer
Why do we need you?
At WWT we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. People feel part of something amazing and are motivated to make a difference.
As a Membership Recruitment Volunteer, you will be able to draw people in by telling engaging stories about our work and inspiring people to support us as members of WWT.
Who will be responsible for your role?
Marketing and Communications Manager/Retail and Visitor Services Supervisor/Centre Manager
Where will you be based?
Washington Wetland Centre
How much time will it take?
We are looking for volunteers who can provide membership recruitment coverage mainly across the busy school holiday periods of February half-term, Easter, May half-term, summer, October half-term and Christmas half-term (including weekends and bank holidays). We’d like someone who can commit to a minimum of two days per week during these holiday periods. It would be helpful if you could volunteer for up to one day per week outside of holiday periods too, in order to keep up-to-date with centre events and highlights.
In order for you to be able to carry out the volunteer role effectively you may need to be able to attend ad hoc team meetings in addition to the hours that you contribute. This will be discussed with you prior to placement.
What will you be doing?
- Telling stories about what we do to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
- Informing visitors about our packed calendar of centre activities and special events running throughout the year.
- Using both of these to persuade visitors what a great idea becoming a member would be. Training in how to do this will be provided.
- Filling in the online membership recruitment form correctly for both new members and those wishing to change their existing details. Again, training will be provided.
- Adhering to specific requirements of the role, such as data protection compliance, health and safety etc.
Who are we looking for?
You will really enjoy this role if you:
- Love meeting and chatting with people.
- Have competent IT skills – this role requires you to use a laptop.
- Can give attention to detail.
- Have a confident attitude and/or experience of successful face-to-face contact with the public.
- Are committed to excellent customer service.
- Have an interest in and enthusiasm for the work of WWT.
- Are able to work under your own initiative under the direction of your line manager.
How will you benefit?
- You will have a fun, uplifting time speaking to visitors of all shapes and sizes!
- This is an excellent opportunity to volunteer within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
How to Apply
To find out more and apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/welcome-team-membership-recruiter
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Biology, Conservation, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Washington Wetland Centre, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.