Why do we need you?
At WWT, we create and conserve wetlands and save species. We bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. We help people to feel part of something amazing and motivate them to make a difference.
In this role you will be visiting your local WWT centre on a weekly basis to capture wildlife spectacles, species, visitors’ experiences and our volunteers for inclusion in promotional material for print, online and social media.
Who will be responsible for your role?
Marketing & Communications Manager
Where will you be based?
How much time will it take?
A few hours per week for wildlife and landscape photography, and/or as required for event photography. Volunteers may do one or all these kinds of photography, depending on their level of skill at each.
What will you be doing?
- Capturing images of the centre, its wildlife, wetland landscapes, events and people on a regular basis (depending on skill level).
- Receiving direction from the HQ Media Production team and centre Marketing Manager as well as taking pictures whenever you find an opportunity (a Gap list of required images will be available for you to work to).
- Working proactively with staff and volunteers at your local centre to capture key events and sightings that would make engaging content for website, marketing materials, social media etc.
Who are we looking for?
No formal qualifications are required but you will ideally be able to provide good quality examples of images you have taken to demonstrate a high level of skill in any or all of wildlife, landscape, or people photography (See here for examples of the kinds of images we use regularly): http://goo.gl/3PHZrf
In addition, this role would be suitable for you if you:
- Are proactive in seeking out photo opportunities
- Are patient and willing to spend time waiting for the right filming opportunity
- Have a keen eye for interesting and inspiring photographs
- Don’t mind working in all weathers and interacting with visitors, volunteers and staff
- Are comfortable with file handling and transfer between centres and HQ at Slimbridge
- Have use of your own photographic equipment
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within internationally important wetland sites
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Appropriate induction will be provided
- A review after the first month to ensure the role is right for you
- Wherever possible we will credit you for any of your images we use
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/marketing-photography
Please include links to any examples of your photography.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Biodiversity, Conservation, Environment, Marketing, Nature & Wildlife
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.