Successful applicants will be given training and development opportunities by working with current National Park staff. Placements will develop on the job skills through a range of practical tasks, working with groups of volunteers of all abilities, and engaging and dealing with the public. Working as part of the Ranger Team placements will become actively involved in the care and management of the National Park, including its sites, woodlands and nature reserves.
The purpose of the placement is to help young people understand, value and contribute to conserving, enhancing and enjoying the National Park’s distinctive natural and cultural qualities.
The placement will involve the individual attending 10 days over a 3 month period. The first of these days will be an introduction/induction to the National Park. Other works covered will include:
- Public Right of Way (PROW) work – footpath/promoted routes surveys or waymarking;
- Practical work – which will include work on PROW, maintenance work on our historic buildings/sites, workshop days – building bird boxes and making finger posts;
- Biodiversity work;
- Event/guided walks/education;
- Out and about with the National Park Volunteers on patrols or practical projects;
- Work with specialist staff members, including Ecologist, Archaeologist, Farming Team and Access Officer
The Voluntary Placement links to the John Muir Award, where successful applicants are given the opportunity to achieve their John Muir Explorer Award. For further details about the John Muir Award go to http://www.jmt.org/jmaward-home.asp.
How to Apply
For further details please visit our website: https://www.northumberlandnationalpark.org.uk/about-us/jobs-volunteering/placements-apprenticeships/
or contact email@example.com
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Northumberland National Park
Entry Level, Graduate
Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Ecology, Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Rothbury OR The Sill, Hadrian's Wall, United Kingdom
10th July 2018 at 12:00pm