Northumberland National Park is providing short term placements for individuals aged 16-25 with an interest in pursuing a career in the environmental/countryside sector.
Successful applicants will be given training and development opportunities by working with current National Park staff. Placements will develop on the job skills through a range of practical tasks, working with groups of volunteers of all abilities, and engaging and dealing with the public. Working as part of the Ranger Team placements will become actively involved in the care and management of the National Park, including its sites, woodlands and nature reserves.
The purpose of the placement is to help young people understand, value and contribute to conserving, enhancing and enjoying the National Park’s distinctive natural and cultural qualities.
The placement will involve the individual attending 10 days over a 3 month period. The first of these days will be an introduction/induction to the National Park. Other works covered will include:
- Public Right of Way (PROW) work – footpath/promoted routes surveys or waymarking;
- Practical work – which will include work on PROW, maintenance work on our historic buildings/sites, workshop days – building bird boxes and making finger posts;
- Biodiversity work;
- Event/guided walks/education;
- Out and about with the National Park Volunteers on patrols or practical projects;
- Work with specialist staff members, including Ecologist, Archaeologist, Farming Team and Access Officer
How to Apply
For an application form or further details please contact: Jane Riddell on 07795 834936 or email jane.riddell@nnpa,org.uk
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Northumberland National Park
Graduate, Mid Level
Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Northumberland, United Kingdom
3rd July 2019 at 12:00pm