Why do we need you?
At WWT Castle Espie, we shape unforgettable experiences. By working as part of the Reserve team you will assist in providing the highest standards of management and conservation on site and support our staff in ensuring we manage the habitat at Castle Espie to the highest standards, as well as ensuring the centre is helping provide the visitor with a great day out and encouraging them to engage with and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
Who will be responsible for your role?
Where will you be based?
WWT Castle Espie
How much time will it take?
We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute and it would be helpful if you could try to give us as much notice as possible on the occasions when you are not able to contribute those hours.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting wardens on the daily running of the reserve, including daily checks and maintenance and practical habitat management
- Managing and monitoring a range of habitats.
- Assisting with maintenance of reserve infrastructure such as hides, paths and exterior furnishings.
- Contributing to wildlife monitoring and recording.
- Welcoming and engaging visitors
- Assisting with reserve events
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and enjoyment of the visiting public.
- Promoting the work of WWT to all visitors.
Who are we looking for?
- No formal qualifications are required. However this role would suit you if you have formal or informal experience or understanding of conservation.
- Practical and physically able
- Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers
- Experienced in a visitor service environment with strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision, under the direction of the Reserve Warden.
- Keen to support the work of WWT
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers
- Discount is available in the café and shop on the days of volunteering
- You will gain professional experience in reserve management.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/join-and-support/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/reserve
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.