At WWT, we create and conserve wetlands and save species. Arundel Wetland Centre has 65 acres of lakes, scrapes, pools, and lagoons providing a refuge for many different species of plants and animals. By volunteering as part of our Reserve team you will help us to ensure that the centre and reserve are maintained to the highest standard, thereby helping to provide our visitors with a great day out and encouraging them to engage with and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
This role will be monthly on the 4th Sunday of each month from 10am to 3 pm
Who are we looking for?
No formal qualifications are required. However, this role will suit you if you are:
- Keen to support the work of WWT
- Interested in conservation, preferably with some previous experience of similar practical work
- Practical and physically able with a very good level of fitness
- Happy to work in all weathers
- Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision, under the direction of the Reserve Manager
- Able to follow health and safety guidelines appropriate to the role
- Sociable and visitor-focused
- Brushcutter experience / qualification would be beneficial, but training may be provided if necessary for the role.
How to Apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Biology, Climate Change, Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Ecology, Environment, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife, Sustainability
Arundel, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.