Schools on Reserves Volunteer
Do you remember finding your first ladybird? Share the excitement as a volunteer and you will have the opportunity to deliver our programme to visiting schools where typical activities range from hands on exploration of meadows, woods and ponds to playing environmental games. To help deliver environmental education at our reserves we need volunteers to deliver fun and exciting activities as part of out of classroom learning. Our Schools on Reserves programme aims to give schoolchildren the chance to experience nature first-hand and you can be part of that exciting journey of discovery. We are looking for people to assist our Learning Officer with making sure the children get the most out of their visit.
- A keen interest in wildlife, conservation and the environment
- An enthusiasm for outdoor education and a willingness to learn new skills
- A resourceful and flexible approach to be able to cope with a wide variety of ages and abilities of children
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with children and the ability to lead small groups is essential.
Knowledge that the role you will be carrying out will be playing a vital part in inspiring young people about the natural world. Relevant training will be given and DBS check is required.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call: 0121 397 7395
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
RSPB Sandwell Valley
Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Biology, Conservation, Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Great Barr, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.