Seabird Cruise Volunteer
Why we want you
RSPB Bempton Cliffs is home to almost quarter of a million seabirds over the spring and summer months, including puffins, gannets and kittiwakes. From May to September we run a series of very popular weekend seabird cruises from Bridlington harbour to show visitors our ‘Seabird City’ at close quarters.
We are looking for knowledgeable volunteers for these three hour cruises to help ensure that passengers not only enjoy their experience but also learn from it. Not all passengers are bird experts and may need individual help with bird ID, information about habitat, diet and the local area.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to experience these cruises for yourself whilst giving something back to those you sail with
- To gain a valuable insight into the RSPB’s work in this area
- An opportunity to be part of the country’s largest nature conservation charity
- A chance to pass on your knowledge of and passion for nature to others
- The opportunity to meet and enthuse people of different ages and backgrounds
- To become part of a friendly, supportive team
- To use and develop skills and personal initiative
The skills you need
- A good knowledge of seabirds in this area, or willingness to learn
- An interest in wildlife in general
- An awareness of the RSPB’s work and the ability to talk about it
- The enthusiasm and confidence to greet and initiate conversations with members of the public
- Good speaking and listening skills
- A warm and friendly personality
- A willingness to get stuck in
- Availability for several weekends between May-September
- A good stomach for sailing!
How to Apply
For more information and to apply please contact Kim Smales, Bempton Cliffs Administrator on 01262 422206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Conservation, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
Bridlington Harbour for RSPB Bempton Cliffs, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.