Species Protection Officer and Volunteer Reserves Assistant
The first 8-weeks of the role, candidates will focus on providing an ‘Osprey Watch’ nest protection programme based at Loch of the Lowes. This will be a combination of paid working hours and voluntary unpaid hours. Successful candidates will work under a 17.5 hours temporary employment contract, the remainder hours each week will be under a volunteer agreement for initial 8 weeks. The second part of the role will comprise of voluntary outdoor practical conservation work and invasive species control on the other Perthshire reserves. Successful candidates will receive invaluable training, practical experience and free accommodation for the full duration of this dual role.
- Monitor and record breeding ospreys’ behaviour
- Provide round the clock ‘osprey watch’ protection of resident ospreys, their nest and eggs during the critical part of the breeding season
- Monitor additional webcams for beaver activity and other wildlife footage
- Create interesting social media and blog posts about the osprey breeding season
- Assist the Ranger to provide environmental and public events, including the weekly Beaver Watch
- Carry out a range of practical conservation tasks with particular focus on controlling invasive and non-native species
- Maintain reserve infrastructures such as paths, drains, fences and ensure safe public access
- Carry out a range of surveys and monitoring on the reserves
If you would like to play a role in achieving the Trust’s vision of a network of healthy, resilient ecosystems across Scotland’s land and seas, we would love to hear from you.
To view the full job advert: https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/job/species-protection-officer-and-volunteer-assistant/
Please note this post is dependent on the return of breeding ospreys. Strict Covid-19 procedures will be in place, particularly with regard to bothy accommodation.
Scottish Wildlife Trust are an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and welcome applications from diverse groups.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete application form, found on the job advert listed on our website and return the completed application form to email@example.com
Interviews will take place the week beginning February 8 2021.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Scottish Wildlife Trust
Conservation, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.