Supporter Services Volunteer
At WWT we are resourceful pioneers, using resources creatively to maximum effect. We are a charity that relies on the generous support of our volunteers.
The Supporter Services team are a busy team who help ensure that our supporters get the best service from WWT. We answer their queries, follow up on their requests, process their subscriptions & donations and ensure they know how their support helps WWT to save wetlands and their wildlife across the world.
As Supporter Services Assistant volunteer you will play a role in ensuring our supporters receive their welcome packs & renewal notices in a timely manner and help us manage our various fulfilment responsibilities. You’ll help ensure our supporter records are up to date, provide general support as required to the team and help us ensure we are prepared for upcoming peak periods.
Who will be responsible for your role? Supporter Adoption Officer
Where will you be based? WWT Slimbridge HQ
How much time will it take? At least one day every fortnight (preferably either a Wednesday or Friday) with the need for flexibility. Our office is open between 8-5 Monday to Friday.
What will you be doing?
- Helping ensure that there is adequate fulfilment stock for both membership and adoptions.
- Carrying out general office administration duties such as envelope stuffing and fulfilment tasks.
- Assisting with the collection, recording and distribution of incoming mail.
- Scanning of membership and other forms and ensuring that they have been uploaded onto our Document Management system.
- Data entry of campaign responses.
- Stock management.
- Other projects as directed by the Supporter Adoption Officer.
Who are we looking for?
You will be suited to this role if you:
- Want to gain experience in fundraising / the third sector
- Are interested in charities working in conservation
- Are looking for office experience and enjoy working as part of team
- Have an organised approach and have good attention to detail
- Are committed to good customer service
- Enjoy routine tasks
How will you benefit?
- The opportunity to volunteer within an internationally important & historic wetland site and gain conservation charity experience.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Free entry to all ten WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
- Gain a good understanding of how a membership/fundraising team operates and experience of using Excel within a work context.
- The opportunity to take on small projects and make them your own.
While there are some core tasks we are looking for support with, there is an opportunity for the volunteer to make this role their own and, where relevant support the wider fundraising team. We ask for a minimum of 1 day a fortnight but more days/hours are available and exact times will be agreed.
All training will be provided where necessary. We do ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months but will discuss your availability with you upon successful application.
There are various options for travelling to WWT Slimbridge. Cam & Dursley rail station is a 3.5 mile cycle or taxi ride away. Unfortunately there is no bus service directly to Slimbridge: the nearest services stop at the A38 leaving a walk through the village to reach us. Ample car parking spaces are available at the Centre, and there may be opportunities to lift share with other WWT staff or volunteers.
We regret we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred in travelling to and from the site, but any pre-agreed expenses incurred in the course of your duties will be reimbursed.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer opportunity is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
How to Apply
Please go to www.wwt.org.uk/volunteer to see details of this role and then complete and submit the online application form. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems with completing the application form.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT)
WWT Slimbridge, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.