Trainee Countryside Education Officer
Closing date for applications: 09.00 9th March 2018
Interview date: 23rd March 2018 Are you looking to gain hands on experience in the Environmental Education or Conservation sector? Want to be provided with accommodation, a training budget and the chance to work with skilled professionals already working in the industry? This intensive trainee scheme has provided 90% of individuals who have completed the scheme the knowledge, skills and confidence to secure jobs in the environmental education, conservation or teaching sector.
- Trainee Countryside Education Officer: Based at Occombe Farm, this role will give you hands-on experience in the education team, assisting with the planning and delivery of School Day Visits, Residential Stays and Engagement Activities across all the Trusts main sites in Torbay including farmland, marine, woodland, parkland and headlands.
- You are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is keen build knowledge and practical skills within the countryside charity sector
- You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and be happy to engage with a wide public audience and varied age range of participants
- You will work with creativity and flexibility both independently and as part of a team
- You will need to be physically fit
- You will have an interest in the countryside and heritage and engaging people within it
- You should be available ideally 5 days a week, 30-37 hours a week
What we offer:
- 9-12 Month Training Programme
- Free accommodation
- Training budget for external courses
- Role specific training
- Work experience in a successful organisation that will demonstrate your abilities and commitment to future employers
- Full mentorship throughout your placement from an experienced member of staff guiding you through your professional development including support with job applications and references for future employers
- Networking opportunities within the organisation, partner organisations and other organisations that work within the same sector
How to Apply
For more information on each role and to download an application form please visit: https://www.countryside-trust.org.uk/about-tcct/vacancies
Applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
Start Date: Ideally April 2018
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Sustainability
Torquay, United Kingdom
1st May 2018 at 2:20pm