Visitor Experience – Guide in a Hide
At WWT we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. People feel part of something amazing and are motivated to make a difference.
In this role you will be encouraging our visitors to make the most of their visit to Martin Mere Wetland Centre, and to understand and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
Who will be responsible for your role? Reserve Manager
Where will you be based? Various hides at Martin Mere centre
How much time will it take? One or two days per week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays) from 10 – 4
We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute and it would be helpful if you could try to give us as much notice as possible on the occasions when you are not able to contribute those hours.
What will you be doing?
- Engaging with visitors in the hides at Martin Mere Wetland Centre, talking about the birds and other wildlife that is around. Answering any questions they may have and directing them to different areas of the reserve where necessary
- Recording the birds and wildlife seen from the hides and the number of visitors you have engaged with.
- Working as part of the reserve team (made up of staff and volunteers) to engage and inform our visitors about the Centre and WWT.
- Familiarising yourself with events, activities, sightings and developments at the centre so that you can provide up-to-date information to our visitors.
- Providing information upon request, alerting visitors to specific events of interest taking place at the centre on that day and for future events.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please see our website: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/vistior-experience-guide-in-a-hide/31/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Ecology, Nature & Wildlife
Martin Mere, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.