Visitor Marketing Support Volunteer
Why do we need you?
At WWT we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them. We have many skilled and enthusiastic people at our centres and at the HQ office in Slimbridge who work hard on the marketing of these amazing experiences and we welcome over a million visitors a year to our centres across the UK. We’d love to do even more, and we’re looking for someone to help support our national visitor marketing team.
Who will be responsible for your role? National Visitor Marketing Manager
Where will you be based? WWT Martin Mere and/or home-based
How much time will it take? To be agreed – up to 2 days per week but dependent on volunteer availability
What will you be doing?
In this new role, you will be supporting with the research of marketing opportunities and data for the development of visitor marketing. This will involve working closely with WWT’s national visitor marketing team.
- Researching online marketing channels e.g. blogs, event listing sites on a monthly basis, in order to collate visitor marketing opportunities and to keep our database up to date
- Collating visitor case studies and testimonials for marketing materials
- Researching the groups and tourism market on a monthly basis, in order to identify opportunities for groups marketing and keep our database up to date
- Producing quarterly report on group visitors, compiling data from group bookings
- Supporting marketing material requests e.g. mailing out group brochures
- Proof reading marketing materials
- Competitor analysis
Who are we looking for?
Ideally, you will have qualifications and/or experience relevant for this post. This role will suit you if you:
- Have a keen interest in marketing and communications
- Have experience in collating data in Excel
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy pulling together large datasets
- Appreciate the importance of collecting accurate data
- Able to communicate outcomes and end results of data
- Are confident in communicating with adults remotely
- Are a supportive and effective team member
How will you benefit?
- This will hopefully prove to be a really satisfying role, whether you just want to make a difference through volunteering, or are looking to add some specific experience in this sector to your CV
- It is an excellent opportunity to gain marketing experience in a leading outdoor visitor attraction and within the UK charity sector
- It will give you a chance to build experience and knowledge of visitor marketing, particularly the importance of research and data collection
- You will be making a valuable contribution to WWT’s visitor marketing
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Free entry to all WWT Wetland Centres on presentation of your WWT name badge
- Appropriate induction and training will be provided
In order for you – and us – to reap the most benefit from this role, we would hope that you could offer a minimum of six months commitment.
For home working we would provide you with a WWT laptop on loan.
You will need your own transport to get to the centre as it is 2 miles from the nearest public transport in Burscough. Please check our website on planning your route.
We regret that we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred for travel to the site. Any pre-agreed out-of-pocket expenses incurred in the course of the role will be reimbursed.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer placement is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
WWT retains ownership of any data studies you carry out in this role, but wherever possible we will credit you for your work.
How to Apply
Volunteering Development Officer: Amy Hannan
Phone: 01704 891224
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Administration, Marketing, Nature & Wildlife, Research
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.