Visitor Services Assistant
Why do we need you?
At WWT Castle Espie we need to provide tools with which the public can connect with our centre. By spending time bagging grain, preparing visitor fliers and membership packs you will be directly contributing to providing a fantastic experience to our visitors as well as helping our shop staff to have stock ready for visitors. We are looking for volunteers who can contribute one day per week between 9.30am and 4.00pm.
What will you be doing?
- Putting grain into paper bags ready for our visitors to use to feed the captive birds
- Preparing visitor information – maps, and promotional information ready to hand out to visitors
- Prepare membership packs for staff to hand out to new members.
- Help in keeping the reception area clean and tidy
- Help with task to prepare reception for busy periods.
- Being friendly and approachable to visitors, including children.
Who are we looking for?
No previous experience is required as training will be provided. However this role will suit you if you:
- Have a love of wildlife and people
- Able to work in a team of volunteers and staff
- Have attention to detail
- Be able to follow instructions and use your own initiative.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply please see our website:
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Nature & Wildlife
Castle Espie, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.