Volunteer Community Fundraiser (Pin Badges)
Why we want you
Scotland is amazing for wildlife. The variety of species and habitats is outstanding – but they are disappearing at an alarming rate. 10% of all UK species are now under threat. We’re determined to stop this happening, but we urgently need your help.
Our community fundraising volunteers are the local face of the RSPB. Last year, in Scotland, the team raised an incredible £147,000 in donations from our pin badge and collection boxes, and almost £1 million nationally. Could you help us raise even more?
What do we ask of you?
When you join our team of over 1,500 volunteers, who are crucial to the running of our pin badge scheme, we will support you to place 1 to 5 boxes in your chosen area. To ensure we follow charity fundraising regulations, the donations from your boxes will need banking every 4-6 weeks, and the pin badges will need topping up. You will then report the income on our user friendly online system and place an order for any additional stock you may need. This can all be done at a time that suits you. Simple!
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of something big – a vast movement working together to help save nature.
- The role is flexible, working around you – just a few hours per month, to suit your lifestyle.
- An opportunity to develop your fundraising skills and boost your CV.
- Make additional community links and meet new people in your local area.
The skills you need
- Good communication skills and an ability to liaise with your local community links.
- Numeracy, record-keeping skills and the ability to handle cash efficiently and accurately.
- Basic computer literacy.
- An ability to use your own initiative.
- Available for a few hours each month.
No knowledge of birds or wildlife is required – just a passion and enthusiasm to help us give nature a home.
Appropriate training and friendly support will be provided, and your travel expenses can be reimbursed where necessary.
We ask for a suggested donation of £1 per badge and, on average, each box raises £150 per year for the RSPB. Our current range has over 100 high quality and attractive badge designs, depicting UK wildlife.
The RSPB is the country’s largest nature conservation charity, inspiring everyone to give nature a home. Together with our partners, we protect threatened birds and wildlife so our towns, coast and countryside will teem with life once again. We also play a leading role in a worldwide partnership of nature conservation charities.
How to Apply
Just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the appropriate volunteer registration form to fill in!
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Biodiversity, Climate Change, Conservation, Environment, Finance, Fundraising, Nature & Wildlife
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.