Volunteer Coordinator (Girl Guiding Partnership)
Role: Volunteer Coordinator (Education Families and Youth Team)
RSPB Region: South East
Minimum time commitment per week/month 1 day a week
Duration of project: Ongoing
Time of year required: All year round
Why we want you
We have an exciting partnership with London and South East Region (LaSER) Girlguiding which works to connect girls and their leaders to nature, through activities at Girlguiding events.
This project aims to deepen the connection to nature experienced by young people by enabling them to participate in fun, first hand experiences. It also supports leaders to develop the skills and confidence to embed such experiences into their own programmes of activities.
We are looking for an experienced Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, co-ordinate and manage a volunteer team to lead activities at these events. You will also be responsible for booking events and managing the administration associated with this.
Through offering your time, skills and knowledge, you will be playing an important role in our work to Save Nature through People.
Tasks will include:
- Recruiting suitable volunteers
- Regularly liaising with volunteers regarding availability.
- Managing the administrative tasks that are associated with our volunteer team. You will help us ensure all volunteers have a rewarding and enjoyable time whilst volunteering with the RSPB.
- Keeping the on-line volunteer diary up to date with events and bookings.
- Identify possible LaSER regional events that we could attend
- Booking events and managing administrative tasks associated with the events booking process
- Regularly checking and responding to emails as this will be our primary method of communicating with volunteers and LaSER Girlguiding.
- Being compliant with GDPR and data protection laws and RSPB procedures (Online training will be given).
- Assisting with feedback and evaluation.
What’s in it for you
As an RSPB volunteer you are part of something big – a team of amazing and dedicated people who donate their time, energy, talent and skills to help birds and other wildlife.
Volunteering in this role is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a friendly team, meet like-minded people, make new friends, learn new skills or consolidate existing ones that can be applied to a range of industries both within and outside the charity sector.
The RSPB is the largest conservation charity in Europe and by volunteering with us you will gain an insight into the varied work of this active and exciting organisation.
One of the best things about becoming our Volunteer Coordinator is the flexibility of the role. We need someone to volunteer for a minimum of 1 day a week but this could be split into two half days and occasionally undertaken from home (if the necessary equipment is available for use). Of course we’d be thrilled if you were able to commit to more than one day a week.
You will also boost your CV by volunteering with a well known charity, we’d supply you with a reference.
The skills you need
- Proven ability working with people, and ideally managing/recruiting volunteers
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and written skills
- You should be a ‘people person’, friendly and approachable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Computer literate
- Committed to the work of the RSPB and conservation
You will receive full induction, training and ongoing support and development as a part of this role. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
The RSPB is the UK charity working to secure a healthy environment for birds and wildlife, helping to create a better world for all of us. We belong to Birdlife International, the global partnership of bird conservation organisations.
How to Apply
Jodie Palmer, Education Families and Youth Officer
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level
Administration, Communication, Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
Brighton, United Kingdom
16th August 2019 at 5:00pm